The key to taking more FSBO listings this week is getting FSBO sellers to realize the value that you provide. If they can see all that you do for them and how amazing it is they will be knocking down your door for your services. FSBO sellers will gladly pay you because of the value that you provide to them.
Why don’t FSBO sellers list with an agent then?
The #1 reason that FSBO sellers don’t use real estate agents is because they feel that agents provide little to know value in the process. They feel that real estate agents only put a sign in the ground, a box on the front door, and list the property on the MLS.
To get FSBO sellers to realize your value you can’t tell them yourself. They must come to this conclusion by themselves to fully realize that you are different from every other real estate professional and that you provide a value unlike anyone else. They can and will realize this if you give them the opportunity to do so.
One of the most powerful ways to get FSBO sellers to realize your value is to get others to tell them for you. Third party verification or testimonials provide a great validity for you and give the FSBO seller a sense of confidence about your work.
To work each testimonial must include the following:
- A reference to the location of the property that was sold. If possible the real address that was sold by you.
- The testimonial should include the struggle of the FSBO seller had in trying to sell the home themselves.
- How they came about finding you and their experience with you from start to finish.
- A way to contact the testimonial source if at all possible is a very powerful way to make the new FSBO seller feel comfortable about the testimonial
- A picture of the FSBO seller who is giving the testimonial should be available.
- The testimonial should be recorded on audio or on video for maximum effect to be achieved
Having others provide the reasons for other FSBO sellers to use you is a quick way to increase the number of FSBO sellers that you have. If you don’t have past FSBO sellers but can provide the FSBO seller with other past sellers you have helped in the past this will also give them a sense of confidence in your services and demonstrate the value that you have provided to your past clients. Remember that having the FSBO realize your value without you saying the things you do yourself will automatically separate you from your competition.